- My favorite part of an EVF 360 class is congratulating each sweaty, worn out athlete on working all the way through the hour-long workout.
- My favorite movements to teach are heavy cleans and handstand walks
- My pre-workout snack of choice is banana and bacon!
- My mantra when I’m struggling through a workout: “JUST ONE MORE.”
- My special talent is ambidextrous eyebrows. Plus I got sick moves in the club.
Jonathan’s CrossFit story is a common one: his globo gym workouts had lost their luster and he went on the hunt for something more. His cousin, a competitive CrossFitter, planted the seed, and Jonathan walked over to a box in Astoria.
“It was a long metcon, and they just didn’t stop,” he said. “That was it for me.”
He quit his job, joined the box and was working as a coach with his Level 1 certification within a year.
Jonathan, the son of a Baptist minister and a rocket scientist, is a Huntsville, Alabama native. He moved to New York to pursue a career in acting. When he’s not in the gym, he works as an actor and stuntman for film and television and as a musical theater performer. Think the poor man’s Hugh Jackman: musicals and action films, just usually a smaller budget.
2016 08 25