EVF Gym Rules
1. SIGN UP FOR YOUR CLASS BEFORE COMING IN
- Sign up for ALL EVF classes here at Mind Body Online. You will have up until 30min before class to do so. Showing up to class without signing up is a penalty of our choosing…50 burpees? 50 Wall-Balls? 5000m row? and all before you join the class IF it’s not already full. There’s a lot going on at CrossFit Upper East Side and it is often the case that we have more than one class occurring at any given time. We need to know what type of numbers we are dealing with for each class so that we can plan accordingly and use our space efficiently.
2. HAVE A PROPER ATTITUDE
- Come to TRAIN, not to “workout.”
- Arrive Early and Stay late. Cheer on your fellow athletes and help to be a part of this great community at EVF.
- Help others be better than you. If you see a technical flaw in someone else, help them out.
- Leave ALL personal drama outside the gym doors
- Leave your ego in the same place. Accidents and injuries happen and tend to be a result of our egos and/or impatience.
- No excuses. As is written in the locker room of the Notre Dame Football team, “Play like a champion today!”
- Break you last PR
3. BE RESPECTFUL OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS
- If you arrive whilst a class is going on, stay quiet so people can learn and focus on their training. Stay out of the way and off of all equipment until your class begins.
- Make use of the lockers behind the stairs and let’s try to keep the big plyo box clean at all times.
- CLEAN UP AND PUT AWAY ALL EQUIPMENT AFTER A WORKOUT. Re-rack all weights even if you didn’t use them. Put anything ending in “-bell” back where you found it. Throw away all trash and place your used towels in one of the two bins on the gym floor.
- Chalk belongs in one of only 3 places: on your hands, on the bars, or in the bucket.
- DO NOT NEEDLESSLY DROP WEIGHTS. We are located in a basement and as such, we are able to drop our weights. HOWEVER, we do not encourage mindlessly dropping weights. Dropping on every rep destroys the integrity of the workout and puts others at risk. Drop if you must, but be mindful of others and control your lifts.
- DO NOT DROP EMPTY BARS
- Be careful with the 10lb bumper plates, they will bend when dropped.
- Loud music only 🙂
- No excessive use of profanity
- NO CHEATING! We understand the competitive nature of CrossFit, but never cheat reps or range of motion just to get a faster time or heavier weight than someone else. Cheating negatively affects the positive atmosphere of the gym that we all try to create.
- Wear clean clothes and come dressed to train
- SHOES MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
- If you puke, you clean
- If you are sick/contagious, stay home and rest
6. BE AWESOME
- Always strive to improve and to not only get stronger, but to get better at everything.
- And since I can’t have a post that has a Notre Dame football reference without also including one from my alma mater, The University of Michigan, the winningest football team in college football history, I leave you with this… “Those who stay (at EVF) will be Champions!”
2012 08 23