Welcome back EVF!
Welcome back EVF!
We miss you all terribly and have been anticipating the day when we can have you back home in the gym. We have been working hard behind the scenes to make your second home as clean and welcoming as your primary home. We have invested in new and improved cleaning and air filtration technologies, redesigned our floor space to effectively WOD in, and restructured our hours and programs to allow for social distancing. Details of these investments are below. The safety of our EVF family has always been our top priority and today we’re laser focused on meeting and where possible, exceeding CDC and NYFC requirements.
To ensure a smooth return, we’ve outlined the changes to the way we operate which are designed to keep our athletes, staff, and coaches safe. Note that the new cleaning and health screening guidelines set forth below are mandates from New York State and New York City, and are not negotiable when entering EVF. Any non-compliance will result in immediate expulsion from the gym without refund.
Please take the time to read the below thoroughly. Upon your return, we will be asking each athlete to sign that they have read and understand our new policies and procedures.
- Top Grade Disinfectant – Our staff and cleaning company will use an organic disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas before, during, and after each session.
Air Filtration – All of our air filters are upgraded to a MERV rating 13, which is the same strength used for HVAC systems that service general surgery units in hospitals.
- High Touch Surfaces – Door knobs/handles, staircase rails, light switches, bathrooms, toilets, sinks, front desk, and electronics, will all be disinfected after each class.
- Enhanced Deep Cleaning – Our staff will be cleaning the gym top to bottom every two hours. Each night, a high grade electrostatic disinfectant fogger will be used to cover all surface areas.
- Touchless Hand Sanitizer – Touchless sanitizer dispensers are installed throughout the gym, and will be required to be used upon entrance.
- WOD Pod: We’re requiring all of our athletes to wipe down their equipment before and after it’s used. Each designated ‘WOD Pod’ (marked on the floor) will be equipped with its own basket of cleaning products and paper towels to clean all equipment with.
- Furthermore, each athlete will spot clean their floor space after use. Staff will follow up with an enhanced floor cleaning/disinfectant mop after each class.
STAYING HEALTHY TOGETHER:
- Face Masks – Everyone who is in EVF Performance 2 years old and up is required to wear a face mask at all times. This includes athletes, their parents/caregivers, and includes all entrance and exit time, bathroom breaks, and during your workout. All athletes, staff and coaches should regularly wash/sanitize their hands as well.
- Masks may be removed to drink water in your ‘WOD Pod’ only.
- Per New York State guidelines, bandannas, buffs, and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings for use in gyms and fitness centers.
If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the gym until you are symptom-free and fever-free for at least three days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you inform us (names will be kept confidential) at email@example.com. Please do not come to the gym for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
- In the event that there is a reported case of COVID-19 at the gym and you were potentially in contact with that individual, you’ll be notified immediately. We will then take proper safety precautions to disinfect the entire gym.
- If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming in, please stay home and stay safe. We will be here to welcome you back when you are healthy and ready.
- We’re highly discouraging in person-to-person contact – Our athletes, staff and coaches love welcome back hugs and fist bumps, and want to reciprocate, but let’s replace them with a distanced virtual hug.
- Social Distance Practicing – Our team will work hard to get you in and out of the gym efficiently and safely. We have limited capacity to ensure there is 6ft between ‘WOD Pods’, which is less than the 33% capacity required by NYS/NYC regulations.
- When arriving at the gym, you will see a sign on the door to alert you if it’s your time to enter. A staff member will indicate when its your turn to come in. At this time, we will not be allowing athletes to wait indoors for their designated slot time so please plan accordingly. We will not allow athletes to enter after the reserved time has started and the door closed. However, you may leave your slot before your time is up, letting a staff member know so we can check you out.
- Our ‘WOD Pod’ squares are spaced 6 feet apart to ensure plenty to room between athletes.
- Floor markers will indicate flow of foot traffic throughout the gym. Please follow the direction of the lines. No exceptions.
- No eating in the facility for athletes.
- Towel Service has been suspended to ensure no indirect cross contamination.
- Athletes may bring their own sweat towels.
- Shower – not available until further notice. We are removing deodorant, q-tips, and other complementary and communal amenities from the bathrooms. Hair ties can be requested from staff.
- Food deliveries – suspended until further notice.
- Chalk – Community chalk will not be available. Individual chalk bags will be for sale from the General Manager, and must be brought to and from the gym.
- Lockers – No lockers are available at this time. All items must be brought in, stored within your ‘WOD Pod’, and taken home with you after your WOD. We are not responsible for items that are left behind and subsequently discarded.
- Health Checks – All members, staff, and coaches will have their temperatures checked (logged as pass/fail) as they enter the gym. When necessary, we will follow CDC guidance on elevated temperature protocol, meaning you will be sent home immediately.
- Health Screening questionnaire- Before each visit, or upon entrance, you will have to attest to your exposure to COVID-19 and attest to your current health via 4 mandated questions. This is required for each visit, meaning if you came 12 hrs ago, you will be required to attest to your activities/exposure and health upon your next visit. Although cumbersome, these questionnaires are NYS mandates and must be kept for each individual entering the space for a minimum of 28 days.
- Reservations – all reservations for a ‘WOD pod’ must be done in advance via MindBody (‘MBO’) and reservations will close 30 minutes before a designated time slot.
- ‘WOD Pod’ waitlist will be available and athletes must call to confirm availability.
- NO walk-ins will be allowed. READ THAT AGAIN.
- Cancel by Deadline – To allow as many athletes the opportunity to book a pod, we’ll be strictly enforcing a cancelation policy and fee – please remember to cancel no less than 12 hours before your start time to avoid the $15 late cancellation fee.
- No Show Fee – Be kind to your fellow athletes by showing up if you reserved a ‘WOD Pod’. EVF is increasing its no-show fee to $30 during this time.
- Work Out, Don’t Hang Out – We hate to see you go, but there is another group patiently waiting and they can’t come in until you leave. Please gather your belongings and exit swiftly. You’ll appreciate it when you’re the one waiting outside.
- Staff Safety – Our staff and coaches are here to help – from a safe distance. We’ve put in protocol to allow our team to keep a safe distance from each other and our athletes. Please be respectful of our staff and their safety while in the gym.
Staff and athletes should not spot one another. Household members can offer spotting.
- NO DROPPING POLICY – In this tumultuous time, some things don’t change! There is a zero tolerance rule regarding dropping barbells, dumbbells and kettlebells. (Still) Don’t do it!
Important Membership Information:
EVF Performance has updated its membership and pricing options at this time, and will continue to evolve as more flexibility to gyms is statutorily allowed. New monthly memberships and class package options are available. However, please note the below:
- Paid in Full or commitment memberships are no longer available.
- To follow a monthly, continuous enrollment, as opposed to former longer commitments, the updated membership options will provide enhanced flexibility in membership during this time.
- All athletes on an existing frozen membership will be transferring their memberships to an updated membership offering. The value of the old membership will be based on the remaining value of the contract at freeze date. The General Manager of your location will be reaching out to work with you to see what membership or package works best for you.
- Athletes who are members at EVF Performance should be prepared to transition to a virtual class platform at any time, should regulations dictate. There will be no membership adjustments, credits, or refunds due to this transition to virtual classes.
- Our policy of requiring a 30 day notification of membership cancellation will remain the same, and you must alert the General Manager in order to discontinue charges for the following month.
- Membership Freezes are available for a maximum of two weeks and must be requested via website. After two weeks, freezes will automatically reinstate.
- All fees and purchases charged on a credit card will incur a 3% credit card processing fee. ACH, Checks and cash are accepted and are subject to sales tax only.
This might be a bit overwhelming at first, as it was to us too! As soon as you pick up that dumbbell or barbell, and hop on that assault bike, you’ll find yourself in that familiar place you know and love. Your haven you’ve been longing to return to will be safer than ever, and we can’t wait to welcome you back.
2020 09 09